It is very easy to contact us and you are in the right place. Here we have a standard contact form for sending a question or comment. If you are interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, a Citizen Essay (aka op-ed or opinion piece), or a 100-word story you can also do that from this page.
|100-word story||Letters to the editor||Citizen essays|
|Up to 100 words.||Shorter, generally no more than 400 words.||Longer, generally between 700 and 800 words.|
|A short story of the chosen genre(s).||A response to an article or essay that has recently been published.||Subject matter should be on something timely and relevant.|
|Multiple stories of any genre.||We may publish multiple letters on any given topic.||Typically will only publish one version of an opposing view point.|
|Writers can be any Brookline citizen.||Writers can be any Brookline citizen wishing to express an opinion.||Writers must be knowledgeable in the topic their essay is about and offer new information.|
- Be short and to the point.
- AVOID JARGON!!
- When using facts and numbers, use only one or two, and choose the most powerful.
- People don’t read citizen essays for an in-depth policy discussion. They want to know about a personal connection to an issue affecting Brookline.
- Make a call to action. A letter to the editor is far more impactful when it motivates others to act.
- Check for grammar and spelling before submitting.